Monday, March 16, 2009

What can I say?

I'm a follower. I just saw the Cisco hat on Brooklyn Tweed's blog, and I queued it up. So what if I haven't finished any of my projects, I can't knit without copious amounts of ibuprofen, and I have no time to do anything new - I have to make that hat for my niece. Maybe for both of my nieces, and possibly for my bff's son. It's just so dang cute.

I'm stuck on the horns of a dilemma - there's a fancy event at work on Sunday that I really ought to go to. I do NOT want to go. There are various reasons why, but one main one is that DP would have to drive me there and pick me up, because he's not going. That would mean that I'd be gone from 5 to 10 on Sunday night. Blech. I just don't want anyone to think I'm making a political statement by not going...I just don't want to have to go out on Sunday night.

Let's get back to more enjoyable things: wips. Currently I have the Hobbiton socks, DP's Holi socks, the sock monkey and my Juno cardigan in progress. I'm thinking of ripping the Hobbiton socks because they screwed up my arms with their accursed cabling, and they don't deserve to live. They'll likely be reincarnated as socks that look cabled, because I like the trails from the hobbit holes in the pattern, but I'll never make a second sock, so the first should probably be destroyed. The yarn is nice, but very splitty, and it doesn't feel like a sportweight to me. Maybe I've just been lying to myself all these years, and sport is actually another name for fingering!

No comments: