Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cocktails, anyone?

I just tried this cocktail; verdict - fabulous! My version is below:

Adapted from Puck Fair
1 ounce Jameson Irish whiskey
1/2 ounce pomegranate liqueur
1/2 ounce freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
1 whole egg.

Combine ingredients in cocktail shaker with ice. Shake very vigorously, for at least 10 seconds, to emulsify the egg. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.


On the knitting front, I decided to work more on the Holi socks, because I can actually see the progress (as opposed to the monkey, which I can knit on all night and seem to go nowhere at all). I need to knock down at least one project!

My mother in law has asked for some Spokane Owls socks (Spokane, MO, that is). Their colors are maroon and gold, but the gold is really more of a yellow. Well, I just realized that the Spincerely merino tencel I bought is the perfect yellow, and the mohair/wool that I spun up is the perfect maroon. So...I might just have to use both for some socks for her. She has pretty small feet, so I should still have enough left to make some kind of socks for myself, even if they're only anklets.

I need to figure out what I'm having for supper - I'm really hungry, but I don't really want to make something and have to wash the dishes. I've got to figure out a one-pot meal that's filling. Sigh.

No comments: