Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Paani

It is raining crazily! I love just sitting in the living room, listening to the rain fall.

I think I'm going to start spinning the spincerely merino/tencel...frankly, it's practically screaming "spin me!", and I don't know how much longer I'd be able to hold out. I really want to do a 3 ply for socks, but we'll see if my spinning is up to the challenge.

I also ordered some angora from Fluffington Farms on Etsy, because the staple length was 3 to 4 inches. The staple length of the stuff I have is about 1 inch, plus it's matted together, and I'd really like to spin some angora without having to fight it the whole way. I hope to spin this new stuff as a fine singles, then ply it with something else and dye the whole works. My combo batts experiment from a few weeks ago was so fun that I'm psyched to try combining fibers in other ways too.

No comments: