Friday, May 1, 2009

Sheepy smell

Even though I'm allergic to it, I enjoy the sheepy smell of minimally processed wool. Sigh...it's like the farm, only without the dirt and chores :)

I just got my sheep shares shipment from Foxfire Fibers. This installment is a border leicester and mohair blend. It's very soft and springy. I'm thinking of spinning it into a 2 or 3 ply to make mittens with, since I have some brown border leicester I can use for contrast. Decisions, decisions.

On the crochet front, I'm working on the boteh scarf from Interweave Knits Spring 2007. It's fast crocheting, and I'm using a yarn that I've had in my stash forever, so I feel virtuous. It's a skein of cherry tree hill yarn in the northern lights colorway. What's funny is that when it's crocheted up, it just looks like the standard variegated that I used to crochet with all the time.

I still haven't decided on the socks for the fiance-in-law yet. I need to find someone with large feet who's willing to have half-made socks put on them. That really narrows the pool down.

No comments: