Friday, May 15, 2009

Control

I think I'm going to get a spinner's control card - I'd love to figure out the wpi without having to actually do the wrapping. (Lazy, yes, but still...) I found out that the yarn I spun for the pink lemonade socks is mostly sock weight, but there are stretches of thicker yarn that I think might have been avoided had I been paying attention to what I was spinning. Maybe hanging the control card off my wheel would help keep me on task.

I just had a guy give me an estimate on replacing the windows in the living room. The seals are gone on two of them, and one of them doesn't open. He thought that replacing them with one large picture window with roller windows on each side would be a nice option, and I agreed...especially because that was the least expensive of all the options :) I don't know if I'm actually going to do it, since we need a new car more than we need new windows, but I'm glad I got the estimate.

I really, really want to weave a baby blanket. I'm not sure what to use for weft though, because I don't want to buy yarn specifically for weaving and open up a whole new realm of insanity. I'm going with the white silk/wool for the warp (since that's what I already warped up), so just about anything would match. I have a lot of sock yarn, but I'm not sure which skeins I want to part with. Argh! I've also misplaced my stick shuttles, so I'll have to make some new ones.

We'll soon be off to my sister's house for dinner and to watch the baseball game. It's a lot of fun to hang out with her and my niece, but at the end of the evening I'll be dying because of their cat. No amount of drugs can tame my cat allergy :)

No comments: