The pink lemonade socks are going well...I finished spinning up the rest of the fiber and navajo-plied it. My navajo plying is improving, but I still have sections that are less spun, making them much poofier than the rest. Overall I'm pretty happy with it though, and it means I can immediately cast on the second sock once I'm done with this one.
Knitting socks one at a time has its advantages, but I think I'm going to go back to two at a time. It may seem to take longer, but then I have a pair at the end, and I don't have to try to reverse engineer anything that I tweaked on the first sock. Since I hadn't spun up all of the fiber when I wanted to start these socks, I had to just make one - there was no way one skein would make two socks, and I hate weaving in ends on socks. Ah well.
So, I have to figure out how I'm going to spin that Icelandic. I keep going back and forth between a single and a two ply, so I guess I should just sample the stuff and quit my waffling. I'd like to get a shawl out of it, and maybe incorporate some of the Foxfire wool/mohair. Of course, ask me tomorrow and I may have a different idea.
My little garden is growing! I have beans, cucumbers, sage, asparagus and flax! I don't know if the flax seeds I had will give me anything that is worth spinning, but I figured it was worth a try. The blackberry and raspberry canes haven't died yet, despite the accursed peonies horning in on their territory.
Off to make myself a buttermilk cake!