Thursday, November 3, 2011

Hooray!

One day closer to the opera! I can hardly wait - mom and DP are going to the opera with me.

Nothing much on the spinning front. The replied merino/bamboo is finally dry; a cool house means a looong wait for anything to dry. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. Maybe a scarf for my sister or sister in law.

I'd also like to weave something, now that I got the replacement heddle blocks for my loom. I don't have any warping pegs, but I could figure something out. All the sock yarn I'm not making into socks could make some nice scarves.

I also discovered The Saxon Chronicles by Bernard Cornwell, and I'm halfway through book 5. That's not really that impressive though, since I started on book 4 :) 1-3 have long wait lists at the library, so I didn't even try to check them out. If I end up liking how this ends, I'll get on the list for the others.

No comments: