Sunday, June 20, 2010

Learnin'

I was able to float on my back yesterday! So, now I can float face up and face down, plus I can swim across the pool without touching the bottom. I can do freestyle and breaststroke (though not very well), and my newest thing is trying to swim down to the bottom of the pool and stay there. I find it interesting that I used to sink to the bottom when I was trying to float, and now I keep floating when I'm trying to go to the bottom. Sigh!

I called my dad for father's day and he told me the story of the tattoo he just got. I would like to get one, but I'm afraid I'll be allergic to the ink, since I have a nickle allergy. Who knows; maybe I'll be able to get one someday.

I only have 3 more spindles to spin up for the L&L swap on Ravelry. Then I'll need to ply them and wash them...hopefully nothing crazy happens when they get washed. I can't wait to get into the knitting part of this project. I'm so excited for it - I hope that it looks as good as I'm hoping!

DP's going to get me the audio book of Children of Hurin as a present; it's read by Christopher Lee, and I'm hoping that his reading of it makes it better than it was to read. I did not care for the way the story was put together. I had wanted the book so I could read the story without flipping through the Unfinished Tales and the Silmarillion, but I don't like how the language was dumbed down. The poetry was lost in the combined version, making it less sweeping and heartbreaking...or at least so I thought. We shall see how the audiobook sounds.

No comments: