Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Finally

I finished my sil's socks:

guilt socks 3

I'm pretty happy to be finished with them.

I also finished a pair of slipper socks for DP's best friend:

shire slippers2

For some reason, I could not get a non-fuzzy pic of them. They're made with Blue Sky Alpacas organic bulky cotton, and they're super soft.

I started working on the LotR sock club installment, Hobbiton. Unfortunately, the amount of cabling has injured my right arm, so I'm taking a break from them. I started a plain stockinette pair for DP:

holi sock 1

I'm pretty happy about the toe. I used Cat Bordhi's garter stitch square toe, but instead of casting on one side of the square, I cast on one stitch, increased up, then decreased down. It made for an extremely sproingy square with no hard edges.

Hooray for socks!

No comments: