Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Thin skinned?

Sometimes I wonder if I'm too sensitive, but other times I'm blown away by the sheer gall of some people. Grrrrr.

In other news, I cast on for the silk shawl and knit three rows. Since each row is 456 stitches long, and it's splitty, inelastic silk, the going has been slow. I'll be happy once I start the decreases :)

I've finished the silk panties, all except for the sewing up. Don't worry; I won't be modeling them! I decided to go with all garter stitch, since I was afraid of rolling if I used stockinette. I guess the proof for these will be in the wearing, and I'll finally have a matching lingerie set.

I think I may cast on the next LOTR sock, but I also feel as though I should make a pair of socks for DP. My last two pairs were for myself, and I don't want him to feel left out. The only real issue would be finding a yarn in my stash that's bright enough for him! Many of my skeins are pretty somber colors.

The robins built a nest right next to our hose, and they've been attacking DP whenever he goes outside. Hopefully the chicks will decide to grow up fast, and we'll be able to water our garden soon :)

No comments: