Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Temptations

Arrrgh! I have tons of yarn and fiber, but I keep finding myself trolling online shops for more. So far, I've resisted buying anything for one month. I'm trying to refrain from too much stash enhancement until the WI Sheep and Wool festival in September, so I won't feel guilty if I go a bit crazy. Basically, I have too many ideas and not enough time. I just knit too slowly. I could crochet more, but that uses up more yarn...you see my predicament.

I decided to start in on the LoTR socks and set them aside if DP finds a yarn that he likes. I'm enjoying the sushi sock yarn - I think it's a merino/bamboo blend. It's knitting up well (no splitting) and the gauge is a bit bigger. I know, I'm wimping out on gauge, but I don't think I can face any more 10st/inch projects.

My tie shawl is moving along nice and slow, as it should. I've finished knitting my fake mooi and I'm working on a spindle full of bamboo singles. Once they're done, I'll be able to start on the Foxfire mohair/wool. Once I see how that knits up, I'll decide if I want to spin up the rest of it or start in on the Icelandic.

I still have to seam up those panties so I can free up the needles for the beaded silk shawl. I started it using US3, but I'm going down to US2 for the body. I'm hoping this makes the edge stretchy enough.

No comments: