Saturday, June 6, 2009

Pictures, finally!

I finally got off my duff and uploaded some pics! Below is the only good picture I could get of my boteh scarf:

boteh closeup

I love how sproingy it is, and it's the perfect length - twice as long as I am tall. Since I wear a lot of black, it dresses up my outfits without being too loud.

Here are a couple nice pics of the Spincerely Yours yarn:

spincerely lemon twist

spincerely lemon twist closeup

Working with this fiber was a pleasure that I'd love to experience again :) It drafted easily, the colors were saturated, and there was absolutely no felting.

And now, the socks:

pink lemonade socks

You can tell that the sock on the right, the one I did first, has totally different color progressions than the sock on the left. Like I mentioned before, my methods for the two were different, and it shows. I love the more obvious stripes in the right sock, but I love the drape and mellowness of the left one.

The Spindlers group on Ravelry does a monthly theme, and June's is Bollywood! I couldn't resist dyeing up some cormo in my favorite color combo - blue and pink:

bolly roving

Unfortunately, the pink is pretty subdued...but I'm excited to be spinning with a specific purpose in mind. I'm going for a 3 ply - two of the pink and blue and one of a dark purple silk.

Yesterday was a perfect day for sitting out on the deck and scheming up fibery things...the wind was blowing just enough to keep the bugs at bay, and it was nice and warm. DP bought some tables for the deck so we'd have somewhere to put drinks or grilling utensils, and I found that they were just the right size for a spinning workstation:

Friday afternoon

With time at a premium, what am I going to do this weekend - cast on for my silk shawl, or spin up more of my bolly roving? Or, will I get distracted by something else? Only time will tell...

No comments: