Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Strange non-symmetry

I've worked the second prince of the wood elves exactly the same as the first re stitch counts and rows, and now it's feeling too tight at the cuff. I'm not sure if I'm more or less stressed out than when I made the first sock, but something's off. My plan is to make the whole sock with the cuff the way it is, then snip off the cuff if I decide it's too tight. I like the symmetry of 6 tulip bud repeats, so I may just pick up more stitches. I'm using a lace pattern that looks like arrowheads (I can't remember the name, but it's not arrowhead lace) and moving it around the cuff. So, these two guys are going to be siblings or cousins, not twins.

I called Diggers' Hotline today to get the gas/water/phone mains marked so we can redo the fence. I'm not good with directions (N, S, E, W) but they have our address, so hopefully they'll make it here okay.

I have today and tomorrow off, and I hope I'll make some good headway on that sock. Tight or no, I want to see what it looks like when it's done. That's the benefit of tweaking the pattern as you go along - surprises galore :)

No comments: