Monday, April 13, 2009

A sprinkle a day

Of snow, that is. When I got out of work this evening, I could not believe my eyes. I didn't mention the snow to DP, hoping I'd imagined it. Unfortunately, when we got home he informed me that he'd had to put bags over the newly transplanted blackberry canes because of the snow. Sigh.

Easter dinner at my house went off relatively well. The main problem was my so called ovenproof serving platter. After 5 minutes in the oven, it exploded. Yeah. Not fun, but not a catastrophe either :)

We also celebrated my niece's birthday, and my sister made cupcakes. The cutest thing was that after my sister took the wrapper off the cupcake and gave it to my niece, she kissed the cupcake rather than eating it. It was, I believe, the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life.

I made a carrot and bunny from the ninjabun as a birthday present for my niece, and the carrot has been a big hit so far. The ears are great for chomping :)

I'm on the cusp of a brand new venture. I can't say anything (don't want to jinx it), but I'd appreciate any positive thoughts you can throw my way. New things scare the daylights out of me, but life doesn't stand still.

No comments: