Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Horrors!

I'm at work. It's erev Pesach. I can't go home until the furniture store delivers the table to DP, because the bus doesn't run at non-peak times.

And I don't have my knitting with me.

Argh!

I did find a crochet hook in my pencil jar, and I have the latest Interweave Crochet in my purse, so I may go into the arts & crafts cupboard, get some twine, and have at it.

But still.

In non-fiber related news, I washed my hair with baking soda and apple cider vinegar and it actually worked this time! I'd tried it before, but with a paste of baking soda. It was hard to work through my hair and it didn't really feel clean. This time I took a tupperware container that I use for cookies (holds about 2 doz) and dumped about a quarter cup of baking soda in the bottom. I filled it with hot water and mixed it up. I got in the shower, got my hair thoroughly wet, then poured about a half cup on my hair. I poured it on, sectioning my hair to make sure I got even coverage. Then I massaged my scalp and put my hair up in a clip while I finished the rest of my shower. I rinsed with hot water, then poured the acv over my hair, massaged it in, then rinsed in cold water. It took much less time to do than it seems from typing all of this out :) It got rid of the buildup from the water softener, and best of all made my hair feel clean.

Off to the cupboard...

No comments: