Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Fie!

I was all geared up to work on the Silk Slip from Knitting Lingerie Style--I finished the knitted bits in one day, and then went to iron on the interfacing. Unfortunately, I forgot one important thing: if you use dark bronze yarn to knit a lace pattern, white interfacing ironed on the back is going to look really stupid. Thank goodness I decided to do a "test ironing" and didn't wreck my silk and cashmere lace! I ordered some black interfacing and will just accept that the lace will be a bit more subtle. Sadly, this means that I can't work on the slip today. Sigh.

I'm not one to be without a plan though: I ordered some Adrienne Vittadini Celia to make the Babydoll, so I'll start on that :) I also have a new pair of socks on the needles, since I still haven't gotten my STR shipment and I couldn't keep waiting!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Great tip on the interfacing - I probably wouldn't have thought of that until it was too late. I like the babydoll slip too.