My arm numbness finally wore off, so I've been spinning the Crown Mountain roving, and I think I love it :) It went from this:
It's a Navaho-ply, around fingering weight, about 100 yards. I was too impatient to see what it would look like plied to spin more of the singles.
I'm also eagerly awaiting my June STR shipment...
In other news, I found out that my best friend from high school is getting married in a month. We became friends about 20 years ago, when I taught her how to crochet on the playground. In honor of that, I was planning on crocheting her a shawl. I'm not going to say which one, because I have a bit of a problem with the pattern. It was published in a book, and also available from the pattern writer's website. I figured that since I didn't like the book, I'd buy the pattern from the writer. I bought it, downloaded it, and found it riddled with errors. I could figure my way around them since I know how to crochet :), but it sort of took the excitement out of making the shawl. I went to the bookstore a couple of days later to buy a book for my dad, and I picked up the book with the pattern in it, to see if it made more sense in book form. Lo and behold--the errors in the pattern that I bought were not in the pattern as it appeared in the book. Frankly, I find that SUPREMELY irritating.
Still no picture of the surplice bodice camisole: the ones I took were awful, so I need to clean them up.