Well, the yarn drought did not materialize--I got the yarn in time for the weekend, and worked on the surplice bodice all this week. Now I just need to finish one more armhole (k one row, p one row and bind off) and then it's done. I'm very excited.
I also finished my grasshoppers yesterday:
Pattern: STR Knee High to a Grasshopper
Yarn: STR Silkie April club yarn
Needles: US 0 circular, 47"
Modifications: I worked from two skeins, since I thought that I'd be doing kneehighs. I got bored, so they're only ankle length, but you can see that they're different dye lots. I also used k2tog, yo instead of p2tog, yo, but I can turn them inside out if necessary to mimic the real pattern:
My plan is to make a pair of anklets with the leftovers, then jump into either birthday socks for one of my friends or the next STR pattern, whichever gets to me first.
I also got a great tip from Amanda on some great black and yellow yarn. Of course, by the time I got to looking up the url it was sold out, but oh my goodness is it gorgeous.
I really need to look at my comments quicker!