Monday, June 18, 2007

I give up

Since I can't seem to take a good picture of myself, and my DH is not up to the challenge, I give you this lame-ola pic of my Surplice Bodice Camisole:

Finished Surplice Bodice

What: Surplice Bodice Camisole, from Knitting Lingerie Style
Time: 11 days
Materials: A little over 6 skeins of Louisa Harding Grace (silk/wool blend)
Needles: US 7
Modifications: I knitted this as one piece, rather than seaming it together.

I love this top, but I have to decide which tank top to wear underneath. In washing, it grew just a hair too much for me to only wear a bra under it. However, I'm very excited to wear it out to dinner at some point! It was very easy to knit, and it went quickly, even with my modifications. The only issue I had was that at some point in the lace knitting, I entered the black hole and seemed to make no progress no matter how much I knit on it. That passed, and left me with a loverly top.

I decided to give my brain a break, so I started the Beginner's Triangle Shawl from A Gathering of Lace. It is pretty easy, and I'm going to work on it when I need some down time.

I also took some of the Crown Mountain roving to work with me today, to spin on my way home. It's soooo easy to spin. I'm having very little drafting issues, and there are no bits that are felted together from the dye process. When I finish this batch, I think I'll have to buy more in another colorway. Thank you so much, Amanda, for steering me towards it!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

ooh! I just got this book, and this one was one of my favorites. I love yours!

Carrie
carrieoke.net

Robin said...

That turned out great! I totally sympathize with the "DH not feeling up to taking pics" problem!

Stellina said...

omg it's gawrjis!

now i wish i had cast mine on in the round as well cause i am surely no big fan of seeming.
gorgeous color to :)