Sunday, April 22, 2007

Narn I Hin Hurin

Not that I need to start any new projects, but what with The Children of Hurin coming out, I'm thinking of making a heavy autumny shawl out of 5 skeins of Noro Silk Garden "inspired" by my favorite part of the Silm. I'm going to tweak a woodsy pattern from a Japanese pattern book that I have to make it more open, and use a cable border to look like Glaurung's body. I'm planning on putting the dragon's head on one side and his tail on the other, but I'm not sure where to put his feet. I'm sketching it out now, so no pix yet, but perhaps I'll start swatching soon. It is extremely frustrating, trying to find a good dragon's head.

I just have to finish the ribbing on DP's socks, and then they're done. I didn't get much knitting done on Wednesday because the coffee shop was too full--I didn't have anywhere to sit, so I just walked around downtown until it was time for my class.

I wish I had more time to knit and spin. This past week, I've been sooooo tired. I've been falling asleep with my glasses on. I wish it was because I was pregnant, but no such luck. I think it must be because it's turning into summertime and my body isn't used to it yet.

No comments: