Saturday, December 3, 2011

Warped and ready

We warped the loom last night - as I was having DP hold the warp ends, he said ,"Oh wait, I remember this!"  It's been a long time since I've had him help me with a warp :)  I started weaving with some sock yarn, but I might have to switch it up...it feels a bit too feeble.

I also bought this little number to make a cowl or mittens with for my brother.  The item will depend on how much time I have, and if I have a skein of white worsted lying around somewhere.  I'm thinking of fingerless gloves for my other brother, and I have no idea what to do for my brother in Texas.  What do you get a mathematics professor in a land of hot weather?

I wanted to make socks for DP, but that takes a month at least, and I just don't have the time to finish.  With being sick, I'm not on my A-game, and I haven't been actively crafting much.  Our electric snowblower is our corporate gift this year.  DP's wrist and ankle injuries and my back mean that we're no longer able to shovel with impunity.  Sigh.

Maybe I'll start those socks so I can show him I'm giving it the old college try...

I also need to sew up a few stockings for my sister and niece to decorate for the twins.  DP's handwriting is so beautiful that I have him write the names in pencil and embroider over them.  My handwriting shows I should have been a doctor :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

HI...I'd love to see some pictures of your loom/and weaving. I used to spin and weave but I switched my passions to a husband,to children, and to feeding them!

I LOVED reading WatershipDown, I should try and find it to read it to my kids!

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!