Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sock slump

I'm trying to finish a pair of socks for DP, and they just seem to be taking forever. I only have the legs left to do, but 74 stitches around on size 0 feels like running on a treadmill in front of a window - I never actually get anywhere!

I have a few other things lined up for when I finally finish these - I bought a mitten pattern which I'll hopefully make for my dad in time for Christmas, and I bought two skeins of sock yarn that I haven't tried yet: Malabrigo and Sundara. I found someone destashing the Sundara and jumped on it :) I'm not sure what patterns I'm going to do, but my plan is to make something up to go with the colors (green and red). I'm also planning on joining another LotR swap, so I may be spinning up some laceweight and inventing another shawl in the next few months. Basically, I'll be exploding after finishing these stockinette albatrosses.

That's the news!

No comments: