I finished another Liesl! Well...almost :) I still have to choose a button and sew it on, but it's finished blocking and everything. I love it - it feels just like a hug. I should probably learn to use my blog to keep track of progress, rather than just showing the finished projects, but it is what it is. I did take pictures along the way...
Fiber: Crown Mountain Farms superwash merino in Light My Fire.
I'm not even sure why I bought this a year ago, but it turned out to be just what I wanted. I ended up buying another 8 oz to round it out. I turned it into this:
Which became this, in short order:
and then this:
I ran out of Light My Fire halfway through the arms and had to improvise. I had some beautiful red cormo locks I was going to use, but when I opened up the bag...I saw a bug!!! I'm not sure what kind of beetle it was, but I chucked out the cormo and kept looking. I found the wool/mohair blend I'd spun up after the Sheep in the City festival last year:
I decided it went well enough, and plunged forward. Using it allowed me to make long sleeves (which I actually prefer to bracelet length), and I did one partial repeat at the body hem with the yarn doubled, just to pull everything together.
Here's a blocking pic:
I hope to get a better picture - maybe with me wearing it - once I have the button on and DP is awake to take it.
I'm so happy with this!