Saturday, January 30, 2010


I decided to make another pair of computer gloves for DP. The crochet ones I'd made last year were looking a bit worse for wear, since he wears them every day. I have some yarn that I spun from a roving I'd gotten from the Loopy Ewe. I bought it because it reminded me of twilight in summer:

lonestar yarn

He didn't want fingers or a thumb, so that he could have full movement of his fingers while typing. I decided on the easiest type of mitts, the ribbed tube with a slit for the thumb. Cast on 32, rib 2x2 for 20 rounds. Next row, kfb, kfb, rib to end. Rib 2 rows. Next row, kfb, k1, kfb, k1. Rib 2 rows. Move 3 k stitches from beginning of row to end, and work back and forth in rows 13 times. Then start working in rounds again for 13 rows. Bind off with Jeny's surprisingly stretchy bind off.

I think they turned out rather well:

twilight mitts


twilight mitts back

The nice thing is that they are tighter in the wrist than in the palm. It gives wrist support without binding the movement of the fingers in any way. Not bad for a day's work!

No comments: