Sunday, January 17, 2010

Climbing through the mountains

So, charting out the alpine edging was horrible. I resorted to the notecard method, because I don't have the time to fiddle around. I'll chart it out when I finish the project.

I was using Precious Metals, but I realized that the tencel was too shiny against the matte body of the shawl. I ripped out several repeats, then started up with some Seacoast Handpainted in the "silver and gold" colorway. I'd always planned to make something LotR-esque with it, so this fit the bill. Once I did a few repeats of the edging, I decided that I'd need to do a few body rows in the edging color to make the transition less jarring. Rip-rip again, then back to the body, and then finally to the edging. I finished the edging on one side last night, and I'm starting the other side today. Hopefully, I'll get some knitting in during the playoff games.

I'm so excited to give this shawl to my swap partner. I hope she likes it...

No comments: