Sunday, November 23, 2008

Yargh

I'm still plugging away on the gansey, but it's tough...it means I can't really make anything else, because I have to save all of my energy for it. I'm halfway through the second sleeve, and then I just need to do the neck and block the thing, but it's wearing on my psyche.

I tried to knit socks on the bus, but I found that when I got home my hands and arms were tired, and they didn't want to stay up til midnight making a sweater. So, I just read pattern books and curse every second away from the sweater.

I'm using today to make puff pastry. I'm going to make an apricot frangipani tart for Thanksgiving (DP's idea) and I figured I'd make an extra batch of it to use for a Pithiviers for Christmas. DP was actually woken up by the deep sighs I was making as I tried to roll out the dough :)

I really really want to make the Dolomite socks for my brother for Christmas, but I don't think I'll have time. We've all enjoyed watching the Dolemite movies, and our fantasy football league is named after a phrase in Avenging Disco Godfather. Sigh.

Hopefully I'll get myself in gear and get some more pics up. Now to roll my dough.

No comments: