Tuesday, November 4, 2008

There's got to be...

A way to keep my shoulders from cramping up. I don't know what that is, but there's got to be a way!

I'm moving along on the gansey. I finished the front and back, and I started on the shoulder straps last night. I wish that I had a set of US4 dpns, because using a 47" US4 is getting old fast.

I also had to spend all of Saturday changing the purl columns back to knits. I realized that while a traditional gansey is fitted, my dad might not prefer it that way. The cables are a lot subtler, but still neat, and the size is right. It took me half of Sunday to come up with the design for the shoulder straps, and in the end I went with something simple:

> <
> <
> x <
> <
> <
> x <
> <

Triangles of purls with 4 stitch cable crossings every 8 rows. I'm liking how it looks, and I think it matches the body.

No comments: