Friday, May 16, 2008

Warm weather!

It's finally nice outside--hooray! In honor of the nice weather, I made this sundress for my niece:



It's based on the Katja pattern from Knitty's spring '06 issue. I used size 6 needles and some miscellaneous cotton from my stash. I made a skirt by lengthening the top and using feather and fan. I'm pretty pleased with it...we'll see how my sister likes it.

I also saw a great movie, Yeh Raat Phir Na Aayegi, a suspense thriller from 1966. It stars Prithviraj Kapoor, Sharmila Tagore, Mumtaz and Biswajeet. It's the story of a man who goes to visit his guardian, an archaeologist, and meets a woman who may or may not be a ghost. This was the first time I saw Biswajeet in an actual movie (not just a picturisation) and I thought he played the man who didn't know if he was in love with a ghost or not pretty well. He had a knack for looking insane one minute but normal the next, without a cut, just by his expression.

I got a 40% off coupon for Border's today, so I picked up a copy of More Big Girl Knits. Just like the first book, it's worth buying for the information on shaping and ease alone.

Back to the salt mines!

No comments: