Saturday, May 31, 2008

Taking the Plunge, playing with Simon

Tomorrow is the beginning of the 52 pair plunge II! I'm pretty excited; my sister is looking forward to a lot of new socks for her daughter :)

Speaking of my niece, I finished her turtle, Simon:

simon head on

He took just 2 1/2 days.
Yarn: Cascade Luna, .5 skein lime, 1.5 skeins oxide green
Needles: US 4

I'm going to have to make another one for the son of some friends, but I'll probably make his shell 3-tone instead of just 2-tone (to save yarn).

I also knit two tiny socks for the June tiny sock swap. One of them is knit in an energized singles, something I've been wanting to try since I read the Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook. Pics to come.

I'm off to prepare for tomorrow's plunge (and for moving into my new house)!

No comments: