Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Knitting, and knitting, and knitting...

Really, I am! I just don't have time to take pics, post them, or write anything about them!

I finished my toe-up, Coriolis STR August club socks on Friday morning. I love them. Unfortunately, I wore them before taking a picture, so you can't see them until I wash them!

I also started in on the "wiggle room" socks from New Pathways for Sock Knitters (NPSK), and I have one done. The other is just a toe, but it should be done this weekend, at which point it will go to my sister as her first pair of baby booties for my niece/nephew in utero. The socks are really fun to make, and I'm using the leftover yarn from the STR August skein, so they're very groovy and wiggly.

I stalled out on what to make next from KLS, and the High Holydays kept me from whipping up a late summer/early fall shawl. I think I'll just dive back into my Children of Hurin shawl as soon as the weather cools off. Maybe this will allow me to finish all my little WIPs running around.

I did have to buy a skein of Yarn Nerd's sock yarn from The Loopy Ewe, even though I still haven't finished my "Solstice Slip" socks from the STR June shipment. The color is a lovely blend of greens and browns. I'm not even sure what I'm making out of it, but it was so beautiful, I couldn't resist.

I also heard that the 2008 sock club signups will be starting soon. I think I'll have to join again. Depending on what my job future holds, I might not be able to be buying yarn next year like I'm doing now, so getting yarny presents in the mail will be just the thing.

I'm off to finish up some sockies...wish me luck!

No comments: