Tuesday, October 16, 2007

It's been a long time...

The holidays are finally over, and I'm just starting to get back into the swing of life again.

I started the I Do shrug from knitty for a wedding this Friday, but after finishing half of it and trying it on, I realized that a handpainted yarn that makes stripes around my upper arm is just not all that flattering. I ripped it out and am trying to think of what to make of it. The yarn is two skeins of seasilk in the woodland colorway, but every lace pattern I try with it looks like garbage because of the color changes. I'm so wishing that I had bought two more skeins of the moss color instead...then I could make a nice big shawl.

I'm retooling my Children of Hurin shawl to get some more shaping into it. Faroesing it in a way.

I spun up a bunch of merino tencel roving into sockweight yarn, and I now have to find a pattern for it. It's beautiful, shimmery and soft. It may have to be another pair of Coriolis socks, to show off the colors.

I finished the silk baby doll from KLS, and I may just rip out the knitted surplice bodice. If I'm honest with myself, my figure and that top just don't go together. The yarn is so beautiful, I have to make something wearable out of it. So, when I get up the courage, I'll probably rip it out...probably.

I bought the gift issue of Interweave Knits, and I started the Koolhaus hat. The many little cables are giving me fits, but it looks really neat. Jared designs such beautiful things.

No comments: