Thursday, January 26, 2012

Mittens, finally

I've been working on a pair of mittens for almost a month now, and I'm still not done!  I need to finish one thumb yet, and I decided to pull out the decreases on the first one and redo them.

I'm also thinking of making a felted lining for them...maybe with some silk hankies?  My plan was to put on a rubber glove, wrap my hand in silk, get it wet and add soap, put a layer of plastic wrap over that, and roll it back and forth until it felts.  Will that work?  If it does, I'll let you know.

I also got a new book from my aunt - the Ohio Knitting Mills book - and I think I may even have the yarn to make one or two of the sweaters.  I just need to finish up the ones I already have on the needles!

We took our kitty to the vet last week for her shots and a checkup.  That rabies vaccine is a killer - she had a bad reaction to it.  She's okay now, but for 12 hours or so, I was very upset and scared.

She's so snuggly...she'll lie down with me at night, and wake me up with little trills in the morning.  I love her a lot.  DP says he feels a bit like a stay at home dad, since he's with her all day (working from home).

No comments: