Saturday, October 29, 2011


Many moons ago, I had some 50/50 merino/bamboo that I spun into a heavy laceweight singles.  It was a pretty steel blueish grey color with some yellow, and I was planning a shawl.

Well, I never got around to the shawl, and I have cowls on the brain, so I decided to ply the two laceweight singles together to possibly get a light worsted weight!  It's soaking in the sink right now, and I don't know how I'm going to wait until it's dry :)

I just finished two hats for the twins, made from Madelinetosh DK in a harvest gold and an autumn leaf rust color.  My sister seems to like them, so I'm happy.

I also finished a baby cardigan for my friend who has a baby due tomorrow!  It's a green cardigan Spud and Chloe sweater yarn (wool/cotton blend) in the baby sophisticate pattern.  I have to say that I am disappointed in the Spud and Chloe yarn.  I may have just chosen a bad color, but the green is pretty dull, no depth at all.  Maybe that's a result of the cotton element.  I could also have gone for about 20 more yards in the skein; I don't like these 200 yarders.

My sister really wants some baby socks, so I may try to whip up a pair or two over the weekend. 

I finished reading Howards End this morning.  Even if you've seen the movie, it's worth reading the book.  DP told me that he read somewhere that the book is full of despicable characters, and he's right...but it was still a good read.  He's probably going to read it next.

No comments: