Day 4: The Jacob, plied:
Day 5: The Gotland, singles:
I think that all this charkha spinning is good for me - I'm getting a lot more comfortable with it.
On an utterly frustrating and irritating note, remember all that cashmere I spun up? About 800 yards of 2-ply laceweight? Well, I was knitting merrily along with it, when I realized a horrible thing: it has scurf. I don't know why I didn't see it when I was spinning...I must have just ignored it. But it really can't be given away to anyone in this state, and I'll actually have to throw it out. That's right, all those hours, now to become bird's nesting material.
I now have to figure out what to spin for the swap, spin it, and hope it works with the pattern. My current scheme is to spin the Gotland into a singles that I can knit with and use it in tandem with the Stansborough. I may end up having to buy more fiber so that I have enough to make the stole I'm planning, but I won't be able to buy a full stole's worth of fiber a third time. Argh!
Add to this that DP thinks I've been spinning too much and wants me to spend more time with him instead of crafting, and you've got one crazy spider on your hands. All I want to do is go home and spin, but once I get home I have to build a shelving unit for DP, since I promised him I'd do it tonight. Double argh!