Friday, August 29, 2008

Do I knit anything but socks?

Not so much :) Every time I get an idea for a different kind of project, I find another sock project to start on.

I'm almost finished with my Forest of Brethil socks. They use the riverbed sockitechture by Cat Bordhi...neat, but I still haven't gotten the hang of how much to increase for the expansion. When I followed her numbers, it came out too big. When I cut the numbers down, it came out too small. I'm just keeping it small and stretching it out, but I'd really like to find out how to make it fit!

I also stopped at my LYS this afternoon and picked up a hank of Cascade 220 in Pumpkin and one of Cascade sock in Thunder. While I was waiting to check out, I saw the Rowan Anniversary catalog...what I wouldn't give to have a copy! It was so beautiful. Unfortunately, it was a store copy and not for sale. Sigh.

No comments: