Sunday, February 3, 2008

Moving right along

I finished another pair of socks this weekend! They're for me (for once) :)

reduced monkeys side

Reduced Monkeys
Started January 29, finished February 2
Yarn: Bellamoden Watership Down (sport weight)
Needles: US3

Knitting socks on big needles is a strange feeling...I'm glad they went so fast, but I'm going to go back to regular sock yarn and needles.

I also finished my mom's socklets:

posh socklets

Cast on 1-18, finished 1-27.
Yarn: Posh Laura, Applause
Needles: US2

The yarn-over short row heel still left me with holes…Misocrafty’s short row method is the only one that gives me a hole-less heel. I substituted a 7 point star toe for the short row toe in the pattern.

The yarn was tightly spun, and I only snagged it a few times. There was a fair bit of veggie matter in it though, and more came out when I washed them. I handwashed the socks in warm water and had a touch of bleeding; my guess is that in cold water they wouldn’t bleed at all.

Now I'm back to working on my shawl and some bright orange socks for DP!

No comments: