Saturday, December 29, 2007

Thank goodness!

I'm so happy to be through with gift knitting! Now onto my regularly scheduled crafting...

I had ripped out the CoH shawl, since I didn't like the way I had tried to shape it. I charted out my plan, and I'm going to start it over on JRRT's birthday, January 3. Maybe I can get it done before another year goes past.

I finished a baby surprise jacket for my sister's (yet unborn) daughter. I used Duet sock yarn in the St. Valentine colorway that I got from The Loopy Ewe. TLE is one of the best places I've bought anything from, hands down. I think I'll also make an Emli bonnet out of the leftover yarn, and of course a pair of matching sockies.

Right now, I'm spinning some Targhee that I got from Susan's Spinning Bunny. I really love down wools, because of their spongy, springy hand. The colors of the roving are browns, creams and reddish browns...such beautiful colors. I'm not sure what I'll make out of it; I'm going to spin it up about sport weight and see how many yards I get. Then I'll see what patterns I have to go with it. Exciting!

Well, back to my wheel...

No comments: