Sunday, November 11, 2007

Wisp-y

Sooo...my last attempt at knitting Kid Silk Haze ended up in disaster: itchy palms, a rash, etc. But, I have 10 balls of it in various colors, so I really wanted to use it up. Therefore, last week I decided to try it again. Strangely enough, no rash! I finished one violet KSH Wisp, and I'm 2/3 done with another in Pearl KSH. I think I'll do at least one more in Wicked (black) for a co-worker.

I think that the lack of allergy is possibly due to the dry weather. Maybe when it was humid, my palms were too sensitive. At any rate, I'm loving it!

I finished the Koolhaus hat, but doing all those little cables really did a number on my wrist. I won't be making another one of those anytime soon, unfortunately.

I'm probably going the scarf/slippers route this Christmas for the rest of the family presents; I just don't have enough gumption to make fancy lace for people who don't really appreciate it.

Speaking of lace, I'm pretty excited for the Make One year of lace to start. I love lace, and it's not a bad idea to have several finished projects ready for giving, should the need arise :)

In other news, I'm starting fertility meds (hence the lack of recent posts). One of them has "suicidal thoughts" as a side effect--eek! At work, there are some pretty despicable and possibly illegal things being done by congregants. I'm going to have to get out of there soon. All in all, things are pretty scary around here, but at least I can still knit!

No comments: