Saturday, June 2, 2012

Finished!

The cardigan is finished and fits great! 

waiting side

waiting front

waiting back

My only issue is that the yarn I used was a bit too variegated, so the cables don't pop as much as they might.  However, I'd make this again, in a solid or semi-solid; that's how much I enjoyed it.

Now I'm back on bus socks, trying to get them done in the next few weeks or so.

I'm also finished with the items for my swap partner for the ASOIAF swap.  Unfortunately, I don't know if I'll get to the post office today, so it might have to wait until Monday to be mailed out.  I really hope she likes the items...I tried to make them reflect Arya, Bran, and the wolves.  I'm always worried about swap stuff - will the person like it, will they absolutely hate it, etc.  I hope that the things are okay.

I had thought of giving her a book of crochet patterns inspired by Jane Austen, but the book was totally panned, so I didn't think it would actually be worthwhile to give.  Sometimes it's not the thought that counts :)

I'm planning my knitting for the Ravelypics, too.  I think I want to try to finish that cardigan I started two years ago.  It just needs the sleeves done, to be sewn up, and the button bands put on.  I love cardigans, but there is something that keeps me from finishing them unless I have some hard deadline imposed from outside.  Ah, psychology.

No comments: