Sunday, September 11, 2011

Who would have thought

That the world would be like this ten years after the terrorist attacks.

I remember I was at work, and my mom was supposed to be flying to New York - I was terrified that she was on one of the planes, and it didn't help that everyone was trying to get hold of everyone else, and I couldn't reach her. She had decided to stay in Boston with my dad for their anniversary - that's right, their anniversary is the day the terrorists murdered hundreds of my people.

I love my country. I do not love anyone who attacks it. It's colored my whole adult life, the anger and the fear. I remember talking to one of my friends who grew up in the 50's and 60's. He told me that he just shakes his head at people today who pooh-pooh the cold war mentality: "It was real...you lived knowing that another country would drop a bomb on your school if they could."

But we have to go on living and working, and trying to keep our country together.

---------------------

I got a few more inches in on the featherweight, but now my wrists are hurting. I put some liniment on, so we'll see what happens.

It was pretty warm yesterday, but the evenings are nice and cool. Almost was a full moon too, which is so bright - casting shadows.

No comments: