Monday, May 23, 2011

Knock out, indeed

Guess what happened the day after my last blog post? I took a step out of the bus and threw my back out! It is the most pain I can remember ever being in, and I am still not healed up, though I can go to work. I was out for 5 days, flat on my back, and I can't lift anything over 5 pounds or bend at the waist. ARGH! It's not fun to have time off work when you have to lie on the couch, flat on your back, with a pillow under your knees.

So, I haven't gotten much knitting done. I did sew buttons on the Haymaker, though I will be replacing them with special buttons I ordered from Etsy. I'm very happy with the sweater; it looks great on me (color and fit) and weighs almost nothing. I wore it to work on Friday and to my sister's on Saturday, and it held up well in both venues.

Now for a look:

haymakerback

and

haymaker front

I'm so happy with it! My confidence is up, so I really want to make another cardigan or something great while I have this drive. We shall see...

No comments: