I got the bill for my bloodwork in January - $1200! My insurance actually did something to help me this time, so I only am responsible for $500 of it, but come on! I have another procedure next week, and it's going to cost almost $2000. I called my insurance company (since the last time I had something big, they covered 95 cents of it - literally!), but the person on the phone would not tell me how much of it they'd cover. She could only tell me it's a covered service. Bah!
In other news, I've been playing around with Calibre, and tried converting one of my patterns with it. Worked like a charm, except I forgot to make my charts into pictures, so they came up weird looking. This opens up a whole new world of things to put on my Kindle. I wonder if I need to hack pdfs in order to convert them...
I haven't had much time for knitting this week, so I just finished turning the heel on the first of DP's socks. I think I'm liking how they're turning out, but I'll need to knit further up the leg to be sure.
I got the new Interweave Knits yesterday; le sigh. Nothing in it really grabbed me and said "make me now!", which is kind of a bummer. I have the itch to make things, but I just don't know what.