Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Onwards and sideways

I've been sooooo tired lately. I really need a good vacation with a lot of sun, close proximity to yarn stores, and several really good books. Since I've never had a vacation like that, I don't know where it would be, but I want it :)

I'm doing some swatching with the cashsoft, but I'm not sure on the needle size. It doesn't help that I'm a super loose knitter and need to go down a needle size or two for every project.

I'm worried about my youngest brother; my sister told me that he broke up with his SO, has overdrawn his bank account, and is delinquent on his loans. I hate that he's so far away, and that I can't do anything to help him. I wish he lived by us - it might be less fun, but I think he'd get some much needed stability and security in his life. I know he can take care of himself, but I wish I could do something.

I know I should wait for the patterns from the Art and Sole sock club before I start another pair of socks, but I might just have to dive into a pair for DP. I'm thinking of coffee colored socks with red heels and toes, and maybe of incorporating some slip stitch action (thanks to this month's SKA challenge, I'm interested in trying more). I also have a nice skein of bright orange-y yarn with some nylon content (thank goodness!) that I might use in some pattern calling for a semisolid. It's so bright; I know DP will just love it.

No comments: