Monday, October 12, 2009

Sigh. Holidays.

Argh. Where have I been? I've been so busy, I hardly had time to think. This high holiday season was both mellow and completely insane, and I can't believe that it's finally over. This past weekend was Simchat Torah, and it went out with a bang (involving a last minute dash by me mere hours before services, a malfunctioning PA system, a broken door, and the lesson that those jeans from my sister really require a belt if I'm going to wear them in public).

I have been knitting, but guess what - I can't find the cord to the camera, so I can't transfer any of its pictures! I made a pair of socks for DP's birthday, and I'm almost done with another pair for my sister. I made my niece another winter hat - she outgrew the one from last year - and found out that my sister in law (the one with a 6 month old) is pregnant with another offspring! This, of course, will require more knitting, since there will now be 3 children small enough to be forced to wear the gifts I give them ;)

I just today bought Janel Laidman's new book, The Enchanted Sole, something I meant to pre-order but lost track of time. Some of the patterns look - let's face it - enchanting :) The Traveler and Tintagel patterns look especially compelling, though who knows if I'll actually make them or just use them for imagination fodder.

I also found a great essay from 1971, Why I Want A Wife. If you're a woman with a husband, read this. If your husband is great, then you'll feel better, and if he's a dope, then you'll feel validated.

I also have been hankering for some knitting buddies...there are no groups near me, and with the bus situation the way it is and not driving, I don't think that I'll ever be a part of one. But I kind of wish I was. Sigh.

No comments: