Thursday, October 9, 2008

Viva, regina

Well, I've been working on the swatch for Juno, and I'm at an impasse. The gauge is taken over 2x2 ribbing, and my ribbing on various needles all seems to scrunch up to the same gauge. I just washed the swatch and it's drying now, so maybe there will be a change. I'm dying to make this sweater, but I don't want to make something that won't fit.

I finally got a picture of the slippers I made for DP:

slippers2

He insisted on having that movie in the pic.

I also finished my sock for the October swap:

wee pumpkin sock side

And from the front:

wee pumpkin sock

The toe is a little pointy, but I'm proud of the design :) I was going for a jack o'lantern face and an indian corn type toe. The orange is some stash yarn I had left over from a consignment project, and the reddish black is STR Lenore. Strangely, only the orange bled when I washed this sock - people had been complaining about the Lenore bleeding all over the place, but no dye loss at all.

This is what I was up to last night:

table cup picture

Sitting on the couch, drinking vin santo, and reading a Knit Picks catalog. Nerdly? Why yes!

No comments: