Sunday, December 12, 2010

Wow - snow

It's very snowy outside - we may have to shovel the driveway three times when it's all said and done.

However, being snowbound leaves more time for knitting. In the past week, I've finished three scarves, and another is half done. The project season may end up all right after all. Later, I'll try to get some pictures in the snow, but you've got to believe me for now :)

I'm also going to make those Juerga fingerless gloves/wristlets, I think using Madelinetosh dk. I have two and a half skeins left, which should give me at least three pair.

I need to decide if I'm going to spin up some silk/cashmere for another scarf, or if I'm going to try and double or triple some stash yarn to get the correct weight. The problem is that a singles might not hold up well, but a two ply will 1)take longer and 2)be heavier. I want the scarf to be warm, but not weight a ton. We shall see.

No comments: