Monday, January 14, 2013

Gosh

It's been a long time.

Christmas knitting took up a lot of my free time, and work took up the rest.  Tasks expand to fill the time one has, I guess :)

I'm currently working on a new pair of socks for DP, since I haven't gotten around to darning his old ones.  I need to keep a closer watch on thin spots, so I can catch them before they become huge holes, which is where we're at right now.

The socks I'm working on are red heels and toes and a tan body.  At first I was annoyed, because the tan was much darker in real life than online, but now I kind of like it.  It's kind of an older, ancient looking tan.

I'm also working on a crochet afghan and the beekeeper quilt.  Little by little, they grow.

LG had her doctor's appointment and rabies shot, and once again had a reaction to it.  The reaction was milder, but still there.  Sigh.  Also, she is a little bit overweight - eek!  I guess it's the huge amounts of treats I keep feeding her.  Just a few ounces, but we'll have to work on it.

Work is work - that's all I can say for now.  It also seems like everyone else is leaving but me...maybe I'll get a raise because no one will be left :)

I've been trying to work on my spinning, particularly spinning textured yarns.  I'm going through Spin Art and trying to work on one of each of the yarns per chapter.  I got the book for beehive yarns and tried those first.  Eep.  I was able to make some beehives, but I didn't anchor them correctly, so they kind of slid around the yarn and un-beehived themselves.  Yesterday I decided to start over and did the racing stripe yarn.  That worked out much better, and it's soaking now.  I really want to make the deeply textured, lumpy bumpy stuff, but I need to walk before I can run.

No comments: